Sunday, July 8, 2012

Glacial Trail Course, Mile .5-7

Today I spent a couple hours on one of my favorite routes on the trails.  Starting at the Old Wade House, I ran the Old Wade House Connector Trail (about 1.5 miles) to the Ice Age Trail, and then ran the IAT south to Hwy 67 before turning around.  This route of about 13 miles has a bit of everything--short/steep ups and downs, gradual climbs, dense forest, and open praries.  It's also the first and last 7 miles of the Glacial Trail 50 mile/50 k and is therefore a great training run for those interested in that event held in October.  Here are some pictures from the run today:

 My favorite tree along the trail
 Up close to the terrain.

 The uphill to the evergreens near Shelter 5.

 Tony's Tree.  Jump over it and he'll buy you a beer.  I went around it.
The Prairie.  Kind of like the scenes of Maximus returning home in Gladiator!

No comments:

Post a Comment